Location : Bedford – with regular travel around Bedfordshire
Hours : Up to 40 hours per week
Salary : £8.75- £10.58 per hour – depending on experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WORKING WITH CLIENTS WHO EXPERIENCE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES?
If so: WE NEED YOU!
To work in Central Bedfordshire and surrounding areas and also Bedford.
Bedfordshire Supported Housing Ltd is a provider of social care and support services in Bedford since 2011. We have a registered domiciliary (community-based) service, Francis House Homecare, that provides care to people aged 18 and over, including the elderly. We support people with a wide range of needs. These include; physical health needs, learning disabilities and mental health issues including dementia. We specialise in supporting who struggle to engage. We provide care services from 15-minute visits upwards.
Being able to drive is a requirement.
We are keen to hear from you if you have a full / a valid driving license (or a willingness to use a motor scooter) and preferably some experience of working in a social care setting
We shall also consider those with no experience if you are an impressive candidate including social care graduates. Please note that you must be able to get to Bedford each day without too much difficulty.
We can offer you the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Calls close to where you live
- Enhanced pay at weekends
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Support with accommodation (below market rates)
- Support with a lease car (below market rates)
- Staff recognition scheme (employee of the month with cash awards)
- Paid travel time
- Permanent hours available
- Paid travel expenses
- Travel / flight expenses and “hospitality packages” for overseas candidates
- Excellent free training and many opportunities to develop yourself further
- Regular supervision and support
- Very friendly work environment.
Why not give us a try? If you’re unsure feel free to try care work for six months, during which we can support you with good earnings, accommodation and a car.
For further information or an informal chat please contact Brenda Queeley on: 07843 906501